Although the Clarkii Clownfish available here are captive-bred, the species is found in the Caroline Islands, the Persian Gulf, Southern Japan, and New Hebrides. They can be kept in a pair, but it is recommended that you keep no more than two in one aquarium. This is because they are territorial once they are fully grown. Clarkii Clownfish are on the more aggressive side of clownfish. To avoid having any issues related to this, be sure to add these fish last or close to last. By adding the shy fish first, you are not allowing the Clarkii Clowns to establish territory so easily, making life easier for the more docile fish. You can keep Clarkii Clowns in anemones. They are great for reef aquariums and overall a solid choice of fish.
Clarkii Clownfish Care Requirements
- Purchase size: 1.25″ – 1.5″
- Feeding: Omnivore. Clarkii Clowns will eat almost any marine aquarium food, but if and when you can, you should try to feed higher-quality foods such as live foods to ensure healthier, more vibrant fish.
- Water Parameters: ~78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Reef Safe: Yes
- Color: Bright orange with white stripes outlined in black
Fortunately, Clarkii Clownfish are captive-bred by ORA. This means they are hardier, more suited for aquarium life, more disease resilient, and better able to handle the stress of shipping than clownfish caught in the wild. This is great for you, but it also benefits the ocean. The capture of wild fish is harmful to the ocean, but by purchasing captive-bred fish you are discouraging that trade while also supporting the captive-bred industry. This makes our beautiful hobby more sustainable!
There are no reviews yet.