- Hatch in Transit
- We package our Brine Shrimp as eggs desgined to hatch in transit. Because we decapsulate them, even the unhatched egg makes for an excellent food source that's highly nutritous and waste-free.
- Rich in Fat & Protein
- Our Brine Shrimp are designed to hatch in transit so that they reach your tank at the most nutritous point of their life cycle. Rich in fat & protein, they are highly beneficial to fish, coral, jellyfish & other filter-feeding inverts.
- Feed Finicky Fish
- Nano Brine Shrimp have swimming behavior that elicits a strong feeding response from new or picky fish in your aquarium - They won't reproduce in your tank - but they do make a great snack!
Nano Brine ShrimpOur Nano Brine consists of premium decapsulated Live Brine Shrimp between 400-500 microns in size. Rich in fat and protein, they make them an excellent food source for fish, coral, and other filter-feeding invertebrates (like Jellyfish). Our Nano Brine is packaged as sterilized eggs designed to hatch in transit. This allows the Brine Shrimp to arrive at a highly nutritious life stage. Because we decapsulate our eggs, even the unhatched ones make for an excellent fatty-acid rich food source that is both nutritious and waste-free. Our Nano Brine is guaranteed to be free of all parasites
- Inspect the jar for swimming movement to be sure the eggs hatched successfully in transit.
- If you do not notice motion in the jar, but instead a large mass of brown "detritus" at the bottom, it is likely the eggs did not hatch in transit.
- This is not a cause for concern. Remove the lid and allow the jar to rest for up to 48 hours. Usually, the eggs will hatch within 12-24 hours.
- Pour the entire contents of the jar into the Aquarium to feed your fish and coral.
- For best results, turn off pumps and filtration until livestock consume all Brine Shrimp
- Nano Brine can be enriched with OceanMagik LIVE phytoplankton, just add 1 oz into the package container as a nutritious food source for the shrimp.
Though it sells out quickly when available, blue hypnea is out there for the grabs. And it’s well worth it for those that cater to its needs! This gorgeous plant can really spice up a refugium; it can also be displayed in the main tank (assuming no large herbivores are present) because it cannot overgrow …
Just about any reef aquarist will, at some point, wish to keep tridacnid clams in their system. Their colors rival those of any coral. They have an incredibly exotic appearance (even their shells look cool). And (at least for most tridacnid species) they may be kept on the bottom over the substrate, which is a …
Aside from the assorted little bugs early aquarists may have scooped out of nearby ponds, the first widely used live aquarium food was brine shrimp (Artemia spp.). For sure, the first widely distributed live food was brine shrimp. Even today, despite the growing commercial importance of copepods and rotifers (especially for aquaculture use), one could …
We take the worry out of buying Live Copepods, Phytoplankton, Inverts, and Captive Bred Fish online by going above and beyond to take care of our customers. That’s why we guarantee every order we ship will be 100% Alive On Arrival or we will replace it free of charge. Booya. We’ll even cover the shipping on the replacement no matter which service you choose. Double Booya.
About our policy: When your order arrives, be sure and inspect the contents to ensure everything is looking alive and well before you add them to your tank or put them in the fridge. We’ll give you 12 hours after delivery to make sure you are completely satisfied.
“We will take care of you and make it right”
If for any reason you decide something isn’t quite ultra grade, simply snap a photo of the unopened item(s) you would like replaced. Be sure to get the expiration date on the back label in the photo. After that, visit www.algaebarn.com/claims and submit the form. We’ll review the photo and have a replacement out to you faster than a six-line wrasse at feeding time.
Captive Bred Fish: We guarantee every Live Fish we ship to be 100% Alive On Arrival and we also offer a 7-day health guarantee on all Live Captive Bred Fish. In the event that your fish arrives DOA (Dead On Arrival), simply take a photo of the fish in the unopened bag/jar within 2 hours after delivery and visit www.algaebarn.com/claims to submit the form. If the fish is DOA, we will offer you a choice of either a full refund or a free replacement, including the shipping cost. If the fish expires from natural causes (this does not include being killed by tank mates, jumping out of the aquarium, being acclimated to the wrong environment, not being fed the recommended foods) within 7 days after delivery, just provide a picture of the expired fish and we will offer you a free replacement, however, you must pay for shipping, or a refund, less the shipping cost. We can offer this industry leading guarantee on all of our live fish because Captive Bred fish are generally healthier and hardier than their wild-caught counterparts!
Invertebrates: We guarantee every invertebrate (Invert) we ship to be 100% Alive On Arrival. In the event that your inverts arrive DOA, simply take photos of the DOA items within 2 hours of delivery and visit www.algaebarn.com/claims to submit the form. We will review the photos and issue store credit for any DOA Inverts!
Once your replacement order is processed, we’ll send you a brand new tracking number automatically. Thats it, pretty simple right?
So start giving your tank the love it deserves and order with confidence knowing that AlgaeBarn has your back.