The Blood Orange Hybrid Clownfish is similar to both an Ocellaris Clownfish and a Goldstripe Maroon Clownfish. It has a deep orange coloration with bold white stripes that are from the Ocellaris Clownfish. Their white stripes are beautifully outlined in black. Just like with the Goldstripe Maroon Clownfish, these fish are large, growing up to six inches. Also like the Maroon Clown, they have large finnage. They grow to be large showy clowns with stunning flowing fins and crisp, bright colors. In terms of aggression, they appear to be somewhere between the peaceful Ocellaris and the semi-aggressive Goldstripe Maroon Clownfish. To prevent, or at least lessen problems with aggression, add this fish last or after you add all of your shy fish. If you want to keep it with other semi-aggressive fish, add them at the same time. This is all done to minimize territorial aggression. Blood Orange Hybrid Clownfish can be kept in pairs and can be hosted by anemones.
- Purchase Size: 1.25 – 1.5″
- Feeding: Omnivore. Blood Orange Hybrid Clowns will eat almost any marine aquarium food, but if and when you can, you should try to feed higher quality foods such as live foods to ensure healthier, more vibrant fish.
- Water Parameters: ~78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Reef Safe: Yes
- Color: Deep red orange body with thick white stripes outlined in black.
Because this amazing Blood Orange Hybrid Clownfish is captive-bred by ORA, it is hardier and more resilient to disease than wild-caught clownfish. It is also well adapted to aquarium life and better able to handle the stress of shipping. By purchasing captive-bred fish you are helping the ocean by discouraging the destructive wild-caught trade while also supporting the sustainable captive-bred industry!