Spike Sphere Gracilaria Live Macroalgae
The Spike Sphere (Gracilaria Tikvahiae) plant, sometimes referred to as Red Spike macroalgae, is an exceptionally beautiful macroalgae. Between bright red and bergundy in hue and graced with sharp and pointy fronds, it adds a splash of color and texture to any refugium or saltwater aquarium. Spike Sphere Gracilaria is a fast growing and hardy macroalgae when kept under proper conditions. It is also great for nutrient export in saltwater aquarium systems. Additionally, it is prized by many herbivorous fish keepers (especially tangs) as a healthy live seaweed food. Pro Tip: Spike Sphere Gracilaria can be grown out in the refugium and new growth can be trimmed and fed to herbivorous fish as a tasty treat.
Spike Sphere Gracilaria Macroalgae Care Info
- Purchase Sizes:
- Golf Ball: Approx. 1/16 lb (29 grams)
- Tennis Ball: Approx. 1/8 lb (57 grams)
- Soft Ball: Approx. 1/4 lb (114 grams)
- Species: Gracilaria Tikvahiae
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Reef Safe: Yes
- Minimum Lighting Requirements: 60watt bulb 5,000K or higher spectrum, 8 hour photoperiod per day
- Waterflow: Medium, can be set in refugium/display or tumbled gently
- Water Parameters: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025
- Supplements: Magnesium, Trace Elements, Iron (optional)
Check out our entire AlgaeBarn CleanMacro™ product line here.
*Please note that while we go to great lengths to treat, quarantine and remove any unwanted parasites, hitchhikers, and other organisms from our red spike macroalgae we do not guarantee that this item is completely and totally free of anything unwanted. This is because sometimes spores, eggs, etc can remain viable but not visible, despite our strict quarantine procedure. We strive to have the cleanest and highest quality macroalgae on the market. AlgaeBarn always recommends that you properly quarantine anything new before adding it to your tank. All of our macroalgae, and everything else we sell comes with a 100% Alive On Arrival Guarantee.
The images on this page are for example only, actual appearance of spike sphere macroalgae may vary.