The Altumate S2 is our latest range of oversized sump filtered Aquariums that are the first in the world to be specifically crafted to be the perfect foundation for both freshwater and saltwater applications. This unique series originally named after the incredible Altum Angel is the ‘Altumate’ mixed application Aquarium. Standing extra tall and wide, all of the Aquariums in this series measure an overall 800mm high with depths that increase incrementally with increasing lengths in the range. Bracing is constructed using a single sheet of water jet cut opti-clear glass. This single sheet of glass is then siliconed perfectly in place to CADE’s industry leading standard to complete the minimalist look synonymous with CADE Aquariums.
The dimensions in the Altumate series vary between models in both length and width with the only consistent dimension between the 3 models being height. The Altumate 1200 measures 1200x700x800h, the Altumate 1500 measures 1500x700x800h and the Altumate 1800 measures 1800x750x800h. The overall height measurement of 800mm includes the newly added slimline aluminum trim on the top and bottom of the tank which will act to help further support the tank during operation and protect it from chips during installation. The tank itself without the trim is 750mm tall.
The slimline glass twin intake corner weir in the Aquarium is positioned on the left side and it delivers water silently through a main drain and an emergency drain to the filtration system. This state of the art sump designs features and versatility is the key difference that enables it to be used for both freshwater and saltwater application.
- The mechanical prefilter box is a purpose built compartment capable of receiving large volumes of water and dispersing efficiently and quietly over a rain tray that delivers a constant stream of water to the mechanical filter tray below that the aquarist can fill with filter pads or similar. Each tray easily slides out for servicing and the entire unit is sealed to eliminate the additional evaporation ordinarily experienced from dripping water that creates a larger surface of water exposed to air. As an added advantage, this process substantially increases oxygenation of the Aquarium without increasing the rate of evaporation.
- For those that would prefer to use a roller filter mat instead of the filter box supplied, that’s no problem. Simply lift it out and use the existing drain outlet to adapt to your roller mat plumbing inlet. To make space for the roller mat you can simply move all of the media baskets below into the next chamber/s.
- Below the mechanical media box sits the wet/dry media trays which can be used for a variety of things including pads or biological filter media. The baskets also act to break the fall of dripping water on it’s way to the sump.
- The addition of ‘media baskets’ which allow for various biological and biochemical media to be neatly and conveniently added to the filtration system. Finally we’ve added sliding glass covers over the sump to help reduce evaporation.
CADE’s range of Aquarium cabinets are made from aluminum and glass making them the most hardwearing aquarium furniture on the market. Water spillage is an inevitable consequence of aquarium maintenance so it’s good to know your CADE cabinet is completely resistant to water damage and it will never warp or swell like a water damaged wooden cabinet. Instead they simply wipe clean with ease ensuring it remains looking like new for years to come. Another great feature of CADE cabinets are adjustable feet which allows the aquarist to conveniently level the tank on uneven floors.
The Altumate series cabinets are provided pre-built and packaged in plywood box’s with the sump filter secured safely inside. Assembly is as simple as unboxing, positioning and screwing the plumbing together.
- Dimensions: 1800 (L) x 750 (W) x 800 (H).
- Display capacity: 974L / 257gal
- Total capacity: 1079L / 285gal
- Glass thickness: Sides 15mm, Base 19mm, Bracing 12mm
- Opti-Clear glass.
- Flat polished edges.
- Braced top (single sheet water jet cut access holes).
- White base panel
- Black laminated rear panel
- Slimline Internal Corner Weir – left rear corner.
- Twin intake weir – surface and low level intake vents.
- Silent operation.
- Screw fit pre-fabricated plumbing.
- Perfectly cut silicone edges.
- Laser etched CADE logo.
- Color – Black.
- Dimensions: 1800 (L) x 750 (W) x 900 (H).
- Aluminum frame.
- Glass doors.
- Dry storage and internal base shelf.
- Left side door access to sump filter.
- Right side door accesses the controller board & switches.
- Supplied pre-assembled (sump secured inside).
- Assembly time: 30-60 min.
Sump Filter Specifications.
- Sump Volume (operating): 105L / 27.7gal
- Water level (operating): 22cm
- ATO Reservoir Capacity: 92L / 24.3gal
- Elevated prefilter chamber.
- Biological media chamber/s c/w media baskets.
- Pre-fabricated screw fit plumbing for easy installation.
- Sanking fine tuning gate valve.
- Skimmer / Reactor chambers
The CADE Altumate Series is a uniquely innovative oversized Aquarium range that offers unrivalled features and incredible versatility all in sizes that would ordinarily be considered custom. The Altumate S2 like all of our Aquariums is the only Aquarium on the market that is 100% designed and built to be fit for purpose. From styling to function every element takes into consideration current and future trends in both Aquaria and home design to produce an industry leading aquarium system.