Dragon Roe: Omega 3 Supplementation Made Simple
Why does AlgaeBarn like Dragon Roe?
Compared to many other marine benthos, coral reef fauna (especially small fish and sessile invertebrates) rely heavily on planktonic food sources. Most zooplanktivorous reef inhabitants opportunistically exploit the eggs of other animals. Reef waters are often rich in this nutritious food source, as most reef animals are pelagic spawners (i.e. deposit their eggs into the water column for fertilization, hatching and development). Many, diverse species (fish, corals and many other animals) spawn this way. And they do not hesitate to eat each other’s, or even their own, eggs. Corals happily eat fish eggs, fish eat coral eggs, and so on. But fish eggs (i.e. roe) are an especially valuable food item on reefs, as they are a rich source of precious lipids including Omega fatty acids. As it is so important in the diets of reef animals, roe (e.g. Dragon Roe) should be included among the fare used to feed reef aquarium animals.
Dragon Roe is a premium aquarium fish and invertebrate frozen food. The proprietary process used to prepare this product preserves vital nutrients and overall freshness. Dragon Roe highly attractive, palatable and digestible for a wide variety of reef species. It contains a very high quantity of Omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (EPA and DHA). That, and it contains a whopping 8 grams of protein per ounce!
Dragon Roe Key Benefits:
- Its soft form is more convenient to use than hard-frozen alternatives.
- Its unique preparation process leaves essential vitamins and nutrients intact.
- It is a natural, whole food, eliciting the feeding response of many aquarium species.
- It is preservative-free.
- It is highly palatable and readily accepted by numerous fish and invertebrate species.
- It is high in calories and rich in polyunsaturated lipid and protein content.