What is your 100% Live on Arrival Shipping Guarantee?
- AOA GUARANTEE: All of our orders come with a 100% Alive on Arrival (AOA) Guarantee. In the unlikely event that you do have an issue upon arrival, simply take a photo and submit a claim form. We will ALWAYS take care of you and make it right!
- Every box contains a RED CARD with these instructions as well.
What days of the week do you ship?
In order to ensure you get the freshest product possible, we harvest, pack, and ship orders every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Our products are specifically engineered, packed, and tested to survive this short shipping duration without issue.
USPS Priority 2-3 Day
These orders ship out every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with a cutoff of 12pm MST on each day respectively. Please note that this option is a 2-3 day service. While most orders are typically delivered in 2 days, this is not a guaranteed 2 day shipping service. We cannot refund shipping charges for orders that take 3 days to be delivered. Please rest assured that we will ALWAYS replace any items that are Dead On Arrival (DOA) free of charge and that every order is covered by our 100% AOA Guarantee.
USPS Priority Express 1-2 Day
We recommend this option for those that need product quickly and those who live in an area with extreme weather conditions.
These orders ship out every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with a cutoff of 12pm MST on each day respectively. Please note that this option is a 1-2 day service. While most orders are typically delivered the next day, this is not a guaranteed next day shipping service. We cannot refund shipping charges for orders that take 2 days to be delivered. Please rest assured that we will ALWAYS replace any items that are Dead On Arrival free of charge and that every order we ship is covered by our 100% AOA Guarantee.
UPS Next Day Air
We recommend this option for those who want to protect their investment with a guaranteed next day delivery.
These orders ship out every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with a cutoff of 12pm MST on each day respectively except for Thursday which has a cutoff of 3:30pm. UPS Next Day Air is guaranteed to arrive next day before 3pm.
Once your shipping label is printed we will send you an email containing your tracking number.
Your is being processed and your order details are below for your reference. If you would like to change your shipping option or if you have any other questions, please contact us immediately by replying to this email, we will respond promptly!
Can your pods survive shipping? Even in the heat of summer and cold of winter?
Both of our Copepods and Phytoplankton have a 4 week shelf life and are capable of withstanding temperatures between 32-95F. This means our products are actually VERY HARDY in their packaging and ship extremely well. There is no detrimental effect on product quality if your ice pack isnt frozen upon arrival. The gel pack(s) reduces the ambient temperature of the package during its journey and it is designed to melt in transit.
How I can join the AlgaeBarn email list to receive newsletters, coupon codes, and other exclusives?
Just sign up below:
Why are your pods smaller than others I have seen?
100% COPEPODS: Our Poseidon’s Feast contains 100% Copepods of the species Tigriopus and Tisbe at all life stages. Please note that Copepods are NOT AMPHIPODS and have different roles in your aquarium. Copepods are much smaller than Amphipods with the Tisbe appearing as “dust-specs” in the water column. The Tigriopus are slightly larger and swim with a characteristic jerky movement. Please note that what makes Poseidon’s Feast unique is that it contains Copepods in all life-stages ranging from juveniles to Adults. This approach allows us to have the widest size range possible and allows you to easily establish and maintain copepod populations in your tank as the juveniles grow into adults and reproduce before they are consumed by your fish.
How do I know if the Copepods arrived alive?
- The best way to ensure your pods arrived alive and healthy is hold the bag up to a light and look for movement in the bag. Copepods are small “dust particles” that can be seen moving when observed. As mentioned above, copepods are extremely hardy and ship very well!
- The Tisbe Copepods are typically smaller and they like to congregate at the bottom.
- The Tigriouous copepods are larger and like to swim in the water column with characteristic jerky movements.
- LIVE PHYTOPLANKTON IN BAG: We package our Poseidon’s Feast Copepods with our LIVE OceanMagik Phytoplankton. Sometimes this Phyto settles out at the bottom as it is consumed by the copepods and many people mistake this for “Dead Pods”. We assure you this is totally natural and does not always indicate a DOA. Look for movement in the bag and give your eyes a good minute to adjust and see all the little critters!
Will the copepods be killed by my circulation pumps?
Copepods are very hardy marine organisms accustomed to the strong currents found on coral reefs. Typically the water movement in an aquarium is significantly less than in the ocean. Therefore, the copepods have no problem navigating your aquarium, finding rocks, macro-algae, and other hiding places where they can live and carry out their life-cycle in your aquarium.
What is the best way to add copepods to my tank?
The absolute best way to add the copepods to your tank is as follows:
- Float bag in tank for 10min to acclimate for temperature. Never dose cold pods.
- Add Poseidon’s Feast just after the lights in your aquarium turn off. While not required, this will allow the copepods time to find a hiding spot before being predated by hungry fish in the aquarium. However, if you are trying to feed your saltwater fish with copepods, dose them with the lights on and watch them feast!
- Turn off circulation pumps, powerheads, protein skimmers, and UV lights for 15 minutes after dosing live copepods. Again, not required but will help give the copepods a chance to settle into their new home.
How do you ship your 1gal products?
Our 1gal products will ship in two 1/2gal containers.